Modern Minds Therapy
Modern Minds Therapy was established in 2015 by local mental health practitioner and registered Occupational Therapist Shevaughn Addicott. With over 12 years experience providing counselling to individuals of all ages, Shevaughn supports a view of wellness that is much broader than clinical diagnosis. She is passionate about the unique and dynamic interaction between a person, their environment and their everyday activities, and the associated influence on an individual's mental health and wellbeing. A person-centred approach allows Shevaughn to focus on supporting and enabling individuals to develop and maintain ways of living, relating and being that promote wellness, enhance their ability to respond to personal challenges, and minimise the impact of mental health difficulties.
Shevaughn currently works with adults and teens (aged 16 years and over) experiencing a broad range of difficulties such as situational stress and overwhelm, depression, anxiety, grief and loss, difficulties associated with change and transition and more. She works with the individual to create a tailored therapy package, which may include:
- Talking therapies such as cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), interpersonal therapy (IPT), supportive counselling, grief counselling, coaching and mentoring
- Expressive and creative therapies including various forms of art, journaling and movement
- Relaxation, meditation and mindfulness training
- Sensory tools and approaches
- Self-care practices and routines
- Skill development such as problem solving, stress management, time management, socials skills training, assertiveness training, effective communication training
Shevaughn is registered with the Allied Health Professional Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and endorsed by Medicare to provide various forms of mental health and counselling services. She is also a proud member of Occupational Therapy Australia.
Appointments are available Monday - Thursday.
After-hours appointments available on Monday and Thursday evenings.
Full session fee - $120 per 50-60min session.
*Those with a referral from their GP (a mental health Care Plan) are eligible for rebate of $75.95 per session. This rebate can be claimed up to 10 times in a calendar year.
*Sessions may also be claimed under private health insurance depending on an individual's level of coverage.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, head to www.modernmindstherapy.com.au or call Shevaughn on 0407 865 685.